“How you’re just like your mother”
I’ve been told on numerous occasions that I take after my mother. I used to staunchly refuse to acknowledge the fact, but now, as I grow older, I catch myself saying or doing things that are only too resonant of her. Here’s just a few ways in which we are aligned.
- We’re both stubborn…to a fault.
- Whenever we’re angry, we both get what my Dad calls ‘small mouth’ (a.k.a pursed lips that look like they’re going to vanish into our faces).
- We both like buying pretty things.
- We’re both super planners.
- We each enjoying making spaces look and feel nice.
- We love dogs. To be fair, though, Mom instilled that in all of us.
- We enjoy cooking for other people.
- We’re pretty opinionated.
- We both like visiting new places.
- We like to keep abreast of what other people are up to.
I have to admit that the number of similarities is scary to me sometimes. But, if I think about it a little more, when it comes to being a Mom, there is no one else I would aspire to be like.